Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16

Back to the Weirdness

This is further proof that The Madness is spreading:

Severed arm of beheaded mother placed in flower pot
The Asahi Shimbun

AIZU-WAKAMATSU, Fukushima Prefecture--A 17-year-old boy suspected of decapitating his mother is also believed to have cut off her right arm, painted it white and placed it in a flower pot, police sources said Wednesday.

A saw likely used to mutilate the woman was found in the teen's apartment room where the killing took place early Tuesday, the sources said.

The third-year senior high school student also spent about two hours at an Internet cafe before reporting to a police station around 7 a.m. Tuesday carrying his mother's severed head in a school bag, they said.

The boy was arrested on suspicion of murder and was sent to prosecutors Wednesday afternoon.

According to Fukushima prefectural police, the teen allegedly killed his 47-year-old mother around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday while she was sleeping in the apartment the boy shared with his younger brother.

The brothers lived away from their parents so that they could attend public schools in Aizu-Wakamatsu. The parents lived in a town outside the city and the mother, a child-care worker, often visited the sons' apartment.

An autopsy showed she died of blood loss after her jugular vein was cut. Her body was found lying on her stomach on a futon.

Knife slashes on the palms of her hands indicate she tried to defend herself during the attack.
The boy was also slightly injured on both hands.

Sources close to the investigation said the severed arm appeared to have been spray painted white.

The boy showed up at the Internet cafe in the city around 4:55 a.m. Tuesday, with his arm wrapped in a bandage. He was carrying a black shoulder bag made of cloth, which apparently contained his mother's head, the sources said.

He watched a music video on a DVD in a private room before calling a taxi and heading to the police station, where he admitted killing his mother.

According to the senior high school the boy was attending, he had repeatedly missed classes since the second half of his second-grade year.

Since April 16, he had been absent from school, citing headaches and other reasons, according to the school.

He started seeing a psychiatrist early this month, and his mother asked school officials to check on her son.

Investigative authorities said they are planning a psychiatric examination on the boy.(IHT/Asahi: May 16,2007)


I asked a mental health counselor about this, and his snap diagnosis was: "He's fucking nuts."

This post also appears on my blog, My Two Cents. Drop in sometime!

No comments: