• The Morning After Pill, or Plan B will now be available without a prescription to women over 18. Naturally different groups have all sorts of objections and "what if's". The important thing is that adult women can make their own decisions and it's no business of the government who is doing what. Now we will wait and see if the abortion rate goes down. I hope so.
• A school in Canton, Ohio realized that their abstinence only sex education classes were a flop when 13% (65 students) of one high school's female students were pregnant last year. Not only that, 104 of the 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center had mothers between the ages of 11 and 19.
• Not sure how accurate this story is, but the US' insistence that abstinence education be a part of the spending to fight HIV/AIDS in African countries is highly criticized. Last year there were 2.7 million new infections.
• Liberals aren't having enough babies say Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks. The conservatives are having more babies and that is why we are losing elections.
• There is a new method devised to extract a stem cell from an embryo without harming it. This does not solve the debate however as a whole new can of worms is opened.
Ironically the President and the Vatican have declared that "the promise of stem cells should not be realized at the expense of human life, even in its most nascent stages." There is more here.