Flashback: 60 Minutes asked Woodward if Bush 2 ever asked Bush 1 for advice: "“I asked the president about this. And President Bush said, ‘Well no,’ and then he got defensive about it,” says Woodward. “And then he said something that really struck me. He said of his father, ‘He is the wrong father to appeal to for advice. The wrong father to go to, to appeal to in terms of strength.’ And then he said, ‘There's a higher father that I appeal to.’"
Bush said in a speech just this week: "The Iraqi people are looking at America and saying are we going to cut and run again? That's what they're thinking as well. And we're not going to cut and run if I'm in the Oval Office. We will do our job." (who was in office the last time Americans cut and ran?)
Today's cartoon in newspaper:
Woman watching preznit on TV.
Preznit: "the Almighty's guiding me"
Woman: "God's lousy at postwar planning"
Flashback: 60 Minutes asked Woodward about Dubya's "intellect" and this was the reply: "“He’s not an intellectual. He is not what I guess would be called a deep thinker,” says Woodward. “He chastised me at one point because I said people were concerned about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction. And he said, ‘Well you travel in elite circles.’ I think he feels there is an intellectual world and he's indicated he's not a part of it … the fancy pants intellectual world. What he calls the elite.”"
So I looked up intellectual:
1. a person who uses the mind creatively
2. of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind; "intellectual problems"; "the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
3. involving intelligence rather than emotions or instinct; "a cerebral approach to the problem"; "cerebral drama"
4. Having superior reasoning powers. Able to acquire and retain knowledge.
5. involving the faculty of knowing, perceiving, reasoning, reflecting.
6. developed or chiefly guided by the intellect rather than by emotion or experience : RATIONAL"
I looked up elite again:
1. A slang term used to describe someone who is among the best at what they do.
2. a group or class of persons enjoying superior intellectual or social or economic status
5. selected as the best; "an elect circle of artists"; "elite colleges"
I looked up Oedipus complex:
a complex of males; desire to possess the mother sexually and to exclude the father; said to be a source of personality disorders if unresolved
Us: a group or class of persons having superior reasoning powers
Bush: Born again Christian, dry drunk, fanatic with crush on mother, hates father for disgracing family by losing 2nd term of presidency and not finishing the job, prefers brawn over brains: IRRATIONAL.
Post a Comment