Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7

Al Gore on Why America Needs a Non-Violent Tahrir Square,

from current tv here's the videos:





h/t to reader anotherbozo


Thank you Al!

NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY IN THE COMMENTS - PLEASE REFRAIN FROM LEAVING ONE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Great comment from Grace at the ifactory - riots, revolution, and how social media is leading to social change:

I remember years ago reading an article which stated that the personal computer would level hierarchies. This statement stuck in my mind for years and it has proven to be one of the most potent precursors to what is happening today. Indeed, the personal computer has done more for democracy than any politician could!
The comment below is so true and it reminds of when I attended a seminar 20 years ago when the speaker informed the crowd that civilian journalism was coming and it would take a huge dent out of the broadcasting industry.
Love this comment….
“The digital effects of the social media explosion are now real-world effects. Social media is a powerful tool to get a message across, and it may very well be helping to make our world a safer, more communicative place. So to all those who are using your Facebook profile to figure out where the party’s at, your Youtube account to upload baby videos, or your Twitter page to announce how you “Forgot how awesome Mountain Dew is lol #soawesome” I say this:
I sympathize. I get it. I do those things too, but there are people in the world who are taking the spark of social media and lighting the fires of positive social change. Isn’t it time we looked into making a little more out of our social media lifestyle?”



After years of berating my kids about "The Face Book" I've decided to open one up.



Shortly, I will be asking them to bomb all of their hundreds and hundreds of "friends" with my page. (they're in their twenties -- time for them to start paying attention)



We've been screaming our fingers off here at Blondesense for years. We had it ALL figured out a long time ago. THANK YOU DARK WRAITH!! I'm tired - my shoulder is frozen, and I can't squeeze my mouse anymore. It's deja vu (ON STEROIDS!) all over again

No comments: