Search This Blog

Monday, October 25

FACEBOOK: Do I Or Don't I?

The Unexpurgated Bible #42
"Go ye into all the world, and make friends on Facebook.
He who accepts your friend request shall be saved;
he who doesn't shall be damned."
by Fearguth @ bildungblog

(Great site!)

I can't believe I'm even contemplating this. I've fought my kids about "social networking" since myspace. I lost.
I still ridicule them pretty regularly about facebook though. It's just one of those pet peeves I guess. Maybe it's because I'm a long time blogger and don't understand. Are they similar?

The only reason I am thinking about this is because I'm trying to sell tickets to a fundraising dance for the Music Department. It was suggested that I put the word out on my facebook page. I was surprised how many of the over 50 crowd is "on the facebook"

Is it really a good place to network? I guess I can see how it would be.

I can't bear to ask my kids for assistance in setting this up. I may need your help.

I've heard it can be very addicting and I've got quite an addictive personality. Any tips on how to avoid being totally sucked in?
I suppose I could just take it down in a few weeks after the dance if I found myself to caught up.

Who knows, maybe it will be on to twitter next!

Maybe I'll attempt the Articles of Confederation (21st Century Edition) in tweets...

or maybe I'll just keep them as written -- There was no president or executive agencies or judiciary. There was no tax base. There was no way to pay off state and national debts from the war years.


No comments: