Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8

Zorba the Greek Yolngu style

Regarding the state of affairs in Greece, all I have to say is..... GET READY FOLKS -- I'm Hedging my debts - I mean Bets that the same scenarios will be coming to a street corner near you in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, let's all put on our happy feet! I'd much rather be 'dancin' in the streets' than protesting - wouldn't you?

Remember the Chooky Dancer's video from a few years back........




The dancers all come from Elcho Island, off the coast of Arnhemland, where locals still hunt traditional "bush tucker" such as mud crabs, turtles and dugongs.

But there are few jobs and keeping alive traditions is seen as vital in staving off boredom, alcoholism, drug abuse and all the other social problems which blight so many Aboriginal settlements.


More about the Chooky Dancers and their video here and here



I think Jessica Hagy over at Indexed has shown us quite simply what has happened in Greece...


NOTHING LASTS FOREVER

No comments: