Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16

Happy City Ratings

As many of you know, I live in the most unhappy state in the US- New York. I am one of the unhappy people, geographically speaking... although the climate on Long Island sure beats the rest of the state. Aside from that, it sucks here. The taxes are enormous, health care costs are astronomical, car insurance is ridiculous and there are hardly any jobs to pay for all of that. Oh yeah, and it's a police state.

Where to go? Where to go?

Boulder Colorado has been rated the happiest, healthiest city in the US.
Another happy healthy city is Honolulu. Hmmm. I can't imagine being depressed in paradise. Hell, I could be homeless in paradise and better off there than I am here in the money pit that is my house. There are several happy cities in California and a couple in Utah. The only one on the east coast is Washington, DC. but they get too much snow for me.

More

PS I don't know about where you live, but here on Long Island there are cameras at the intersections just daring you to make a faux pas. You will get a ticket in the mail with a photo of your car at the scene of the crime. That's right. Big brother at its finest. We pay probably the highest taxes in the country and our government is going out of its way to make criminals of the taxpayers. Way to go. Greedy pigs.

No comments: