Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24

Health Care Reform?

The Senators are on television patting each other on the back because they passed a health care reform bill without any help from the Republicans. I'm not sure it's gonna help us. Supposedly 31 million more Americans will now be covered. If so, that's a good thing and I'm happy for them.

As of today, I still have no insurance even though the husband has money taken out of his paycheck every week to pay for it. I've shelled out over $1000 this month to pay for medications. There are medications I cannot afford and am trying to live without them although there's a chance I am going to get pretty sick if I have to go on without them.

As far as I'm concerned, if the government doesn't stop accepting blow jobs from big pharm, the health care bill can blow me. (Honestly, I can go on and on about how my family's been screwed over by corporate for-profit health care insurance, but I won't. Luckily NY State is on our side and helping us fight them... but I'll save that rant for another day. It's Xmas eve for gawd's sake.)

The Republicans suck more than the Democrats suck, but still, they both suck big time.

No comments: