Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 6

another reason why the GOP is hopelessly out of touch with reality

Recently House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) announced the creation of the House GOP American Energy Solutions Group (so you know that must be a joke and a half) and he appointed Michele Bachmann (r-Mn) to the group to come up with energy solutions. What does Bachmann think of global warming?
“The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. It’s all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.”

Boehner also appointed Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) who debated Chris Matthews yesterday. Pence argued that he isn't anti-science but in the meantime he doesn't believe in global warming, stem cell research or evolution. I'm sure he is first on line for the latest technology or medicine.
PENCE: Well let me tell you. I think the science is very mixed on the subject of global warming, Chris.

Q: Then why should your party believe you’re going to get serious about it, if you say the science is mixed?

PENCE: Yeah, it’s a fair question. But look. I’m all for clean air. I’m all for clean coal technology. I’m sure reducing CO2 emissions would be a positive thing.
I don't believe in clean coal technology. It simply doesn't exist. Evolution is a fact, not something you choose to believe in or not. God help us, the GOP House is fucked up.
PENCE: Uh, do I believe in evolution? I embrace the view that God created the Heavens and the Earth, the Seas and all that’s in them. The means that he used to do that, I can’t say, but I do believe in that fundamental truth.

“Did you take biology in school?” asked an incredulous Matthews. “If your party wants to be credible on science, you gotta accept science. … I don’t think your party is passionately committed to science, or fighting global warming, or dealing with the scientific facts we live with.”

“Tell me what you really think, Chris,” Pence retorted. “This anti-science thing is a little bit weak.”
What. A. Maroon.

No comments: