Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, April 17

UK singer SUSAN BOYLE 'gobsmacked' by overnight stardom. STAND UP AND TAKE NOTICE LILLY ALLEN.....

I'm sure most of you have seen the performance by now? I hope Susan TRAMPLES Ms. Lilly on the charts
Here's the story from
CNN Entertainment
Youtube (?) won't allow embedding of the video anymore.

This one is still working though:
Susan Boyle performing "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Misérables


"I wouldn't want to change myself too much, because that would make things a bit false," she told CNN's "American Morning." "I want people to see the real me, the real person." Boyle insisted she's still the same humble girl next door. "I keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, because you have to,"........Boyle said she was trying to take her newfound fame in her stride.
"It's a challenge. Life is a challenge sometimes but this is different. And I like to test myself. "If it all gets too much and they lock me up, I want a great big strait-jacket with spots on it. A pink one... and a big zip on the back so I can escape."


and now let's take a look at the"smart & sassy" top pop diva from the UK -- Lilly Allen (I can understand her appeal to many, but I personally don't care for her voice). I do hope our kids today really listen and pay attention to this song though. It speaks volumes....


I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever, I don't care about funny
I want loads of clothes and fuck loads of diamonds
I heard people die while they're trying to find them
And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
'Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track, yeah I'm on to a winner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
When do you think it will all become clear?
'Cause I'm being taken over by The Fear

Life's about film stars and less about mothers
It's all about fast cars and cussing each other
But it doesn't matter 'cause I'm packing plastic
And that's what makes my life so fucking fantastic
And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And it's not my fault, it's how I'm programmed to function
Lyrics (and song meaning) con't

No comments: