Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18

Sunday Morning Sweet Sounds of NINA SIMONE...My Baby Just Cares For Me

The song is from her album Little Girl Blue

From her Biography - I Put a Spell on You:
Simone would never benefit financially from the album; she sold the rights for $3000, missing out on more than $1 million of royalties (mainly because of the successful re-release of "My Baby Just Cares for Me" in the 1980s). The song became one of her biggest hits years later in 1987, when it was featured in a Chanel no. 5 perfume commercial.

She makes mention of this here in a live performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival (?1990) where her sadness is ever so palpable.

You can read a homage to the remarkable Nina Simone here.

This is a Nina Simone song, Sugar in My Bowl, that I enjoy performing:

No comments: