Search This Blog

Monday, December 1

"Bless me father, for I have sinned...

This is my sin: I voted for Barack Obama."

MODESTO, Calif. - The Rev. Joseph Illo, pastor of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Modesto, Calif., has told parishioners in a homily and in a follow-up letter that if they voted for Barack Obama, they should consider going to confession because of the president-elect's position on abortion.

"If you are one of the 54 percent of Catholics who voted for a pro-abortion candidate, you were clear on his position and you knew the gravity of the question, I urge you to go to confession before receiving communion. Don't risk losing your state of grace by receiving sacrilegiously," Illo wrote in a letter dated Nov. 21. continued
1. churches ought to lose their tax exempt status.
2. Republicans only pay lip service to the "pro-life" cause. They had an opportunity to do something and they did not. Talking about something and not doing anything doesn't count.

No comments: