Search This Blog

Monday, October 6

Palin misquotes Madeleine K. Albright- PSYCHE!



Palin: "I'm reading on my Starbucks mocha cup, the quote of the day, you'll never believe what the quote was. It was Madeleine Albright.... (crowd boos)

"She said it. "There's a place in hell reserved for women who don't support other women." (crowd cheers and boos) Thank you so much for receiving that well. I didn't know how that was gonna go over. (crowd laughs) And now California, let's see how a comment like I just made, how it will be turned into whatever it will be turned into tomorrow in the newspaper. (crowd cheers and laughs and Palin giggles.) Thank you!"


Uh oh. Albright actually said "help" not "support."
Albright has something to say to Palin... and it should be tomorrow's quote of the day on Palin's Starbucks cup:
Albright : "Though I am flattered that Governor Palin has chosen to cite me as a source of wisdom, what I said had nothing to do with politics. This is yet another example of McCain and Palin distorting the truth, and all the more reason to remember that this campaign is not about gender, it is about which candidate has an agenda that will improve the lives of all Americans, including women. The truth is, if you care about the status of women in our society and in our troubled economy, the best choice by far is Obama-Biden." (via Raw Story)

No comments: