Search This Blog

Monday, August 4

what a weekend

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to host Jersey Cynic and Red State Blues here on Long Island. There's not a lot to do here except nautical type things in the summer. So we went to the ocean beach on Saturday (which was evacuated when a strong thunderstorm started rumbling in the distance) and we relaxed a serene beach on Oyster Bay on Sunday. On Saturday night, Billydoom and IM Spartacus along with his lovely wife who is sanely a non-blogger came over for a cookout. A good time was had by all.

On Saturday afternoon, the husband called me from Hawaii after he journeyed there from Alaska to report on his vacation and ask how things were going here on the lower 48 where I have been cat-sitting and all I could tell him was that I had been stoned for the past 24 hours and counting. Today it's back to the old grind but I'm filled with happy memories. Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: