I first caught this over at Kevin's CRYPTOGON site, in between a couple of posts entitled, "U.S. Cluster Bomb Related Atrocities to Continue" and "Ambac Soars 50% on Collateral Posting."
Is it "The business opportunity of a lifetime!"? Depends I suppose (and this is my opinion only) if you have psychopathic tendencies. The site's title is Federal Business Opportunities and the offering page itself is referred to as "D--INTERNET AWARENESS SERVICES." Well, gee! Doesn't that sound...uh, official, and innocent. Before I post the bureaucratese, my title for the proprosal would be something along the lines of "Here's another way to cornhole the American People under the auspices of 'We're here to PROTECT AND SERVE you'."
Let's check out the contract specs, shall we? (And I apologize to those readers who loathe and despise the kind of language you're about to see, but force yourself to read it anyway--one more thing, if you can still see after wading through what's below, drop on over to Kevin's site and tell him hello and thanks.):
W912CM-08-R-0025 Notice Type:
Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Synopsis:
Added: Jun 23, 2008 11:33 am
1. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. (Anybody else find that 2nd sentence a little ominous? -- PoLT)
2. W912CM-08-R-0025 is issued as a request for proposal (RFP). The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-26. NAICS code is 518210.
CLIN 0001: Report Internet Usage to be performed pursuant to the statement of work, 12 months at unit price of _____;
CLIN 1002, 1st Option to Extend pursuant to FAR 52.212-9, 12 months, at unit price of _____.
CLIN 2001, 2nd Option to Extend pursuant to FAR 52.212-9, 12 months, at price of _____.
Deliver to: Germany, POP and address will be stated in the award document.
STATEMENT OF WORK
The contractor shall conduct internet awareness services in support of the Governments activities to include Indications and Warning, Force Protection, and situational awareness.
The purpose of the services will be to identify and assess stated and implied threat, antipathy, unrest, and other contextual data relating to selected internet domains. The contractor will prioritize foreign language domains that relate to specific areas of concern.
The contractor will analyze various web pages, chat rooms, blogs and other internet domains (Needless to say, Guys & Dolls, dat's you and me.) to aggregate and assess data of interest to the Government. It will also identify new internet domains that directly relate to the Governments specific local requirements.
The contractor will include a principle cyber investigator, a locally specialized threat analyst, a foreign speaking analyst with cyber investigative skills, and a constant watch team. It will organize additional native language translations at the direction of the Governments designated Contracting Officers Representative (COR), following mutual agreement.
The deliverable product will consist of a written report, delivered weekly to the COR. The report will contain raw data and supporting analysis to add value to raw materials. The contractors sources will be captioned under alias to preserve access, but upon request, the contractor will consider releasing specific URLs on an as needed basis based on the Governments request, if explicit threat materials or imminent threat to personnel or facilities are discovered.
The contractor shall immediately contact via telephone and/or email the designated COR upon receipt of any and all stated or implied threats that contain timing and/or targeting information relating to personnel, facilities or activities, and to specifically designated areas of concern.
As part of this alerting, if the contractor identifies a stated or implied threat that contains timing, targeting or both, it will deliver the raw URL and any supporting URLs relating to the threat materials. It will also make an investigator available within 8 hours of request for analytic discussions regarding the threat.
If the Government receives a deliverable report and believe the materials contain threat information, the COR may make a request for the URL release 24 hours a day to the contractor. The contractor will consider the ad hoc request for URL and respond within 12 hours. On cases where someone other than the COR makes a request, the contractor will notify the COR and will inform him or her of its decision.
4. The provision at 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, applies to this solicitation. The offeror must provide a list of its contracts for the past 5 years, of the type similar to the services required under this solicitation, to include detailed information (description, time frame, customer), including point of contact (name telephone and email). In addition, the offeror must explain why services under each listed contract are similar to the services required in this solicitation. The offeror must also explain how it will be able to obtain the needed information and be able to provide it on time by describing briefly any technical approach or operational system it has in place to fulfill the timely notification of significant or critical information obtained.
5. The provision at 52.212-2, Evaluation -- Commercial Items, applies to this solicitation. Award will be made to the responsible offeror who has the most solid experience and able to provide the timely notification required. Solid experience means that the offeror has proof that it has done similar, if not the same type of services before. The Government will consider the relevance of the contracts (similarity to the services required) and the quantity. Experience and time factor are of equal importance and are more important than price. Price evaluation will include the option prices. Past Performance will be part of responsibility determination. List of contracts provided may also be used in determining contractors performance.
6. Bidders are advised to include a completed copy of the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items, with its offer or state if it has submitted annual certifications.
7. Clause at 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, and at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (latest edition) (Deviation) applies to this acquisition.
8. The date, time and place offers are due on or before 07 Jul 08, 1600 hours, CET. Point of contact (POC) for this solicitation is: Yanina Seeger, Tel. 0049-611-816-2204 FAX 0049-611-816-2198, email: email@example.com. Quotes may be submitted by email or fax addressed to the POC.
Wiesbaden Contracting Center
Contracting Office Address:
ACA, Wiesbaden Contracting Center, ATTN: AEUCC-C, CMR 410, Box 741, APO, AE 09096-0741
Place of Performance:
ACA, Wiesbaden Contracting Center ATTN: AEUCC-C, CMR 410, Box 741 APO AE 09096-0741 EU
Point of Contact(s):
Yanina Seeger, 011-49-816-2204 ACA, Wiesbaden Contracting Center