Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29

Whatta say we all invest in some property in the North Pole?

The North West Passage is now open for bidness!


Let's blow this popsicle stand here and head North and get in on some frozen assets for our children!



Cold, but gorgeous!


From Skynews yesterday - 6/28/08
Will the North Pole be ice free this summer?

oh wait -

This is old news -
From Nationalgeographicnews - last year - Sept '07
The famed Northwest Passage—a direct shipping route from Europe to Asia across the Arctic Ocean—is ice free for the first time since satellite records began in 1978, scientists reported Friday.

Also, don't forget that Russia put its flag up there last year....Russia leads race for North Pole oil

We better hurry up!

From the NYTimesblog yesterday:
What’s Really Up With North Pole Sea Ice (great comment section - interesting discussion about the possibility that all the volcanic activity that's been going on under the oceans of the north pole is producing vents of superheated water)

Oh what to believe, what to believe.

As usual, I'll digress to a song

Melt with you - Modern English


I'll stop the world and melt with you
You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
There's nothing you and I won't do
I'll stop the world and melt with you
(You should know better?)
Dream of better lives the kind which never hate
(You should see why)
dropped in the state of imaginary grace
(You should know better?)
I made a pilgrimage to save this humans race
(You should see why)
What I'm comprehending a race that long gone bye
(I'll stop the world)
I'll stop the world and melt with you
(I'll stop the world)
You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
(Let's stop the world)
There's nothing you and I won't do
(Let's stop the world)
I'll stop the world and melt with you

The future's open wide

(Let's stop the world)
I'll stop the world and melt with you
(Let's stop the world)
I've seen some changes but it's getting better all the time
(Let's stop the world)
There's nothing you and I won't do
(Let's stop the world)
I'll stop the world and melt with you

The future's open
wide

No comments: