Search This Blog

Friday, June 6

Hit and run in Hartford Connecticut

Right after we were married, hubby and I bought our first condo in Hartford - just a few blocks down the street from where this horrific hit and run occurred.

I know things have gotten worse over the years in many of our cities, but this is just unbelievable -- even for good ol' paranoid JerseyCynic. I still drive these streets, and yes - I do make sure my doors are locked and I pay a bit more attention to my surroundings when I am driving through the area these days. And yes, I might be at a higher risk for getting in the line of fire driving in the city as opposed to the burbs. I had to get over that kind of fear a long time ago --cause that's my turf and I refused to be fearful for the rest of my life.

I keep watching this video over and over as I pace back and forth here in my living room shaking my hands yelling

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE WENT TO HELP HIM OMG OMG OMG OMG. LOOK AT HOW MANY CARS JUST DROVE RIGHT BY HIM.

HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE NOT BE DOING ANYTHING????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY?????

HOW HEARTLESS A SOCIETY HAVE WE BECOME???????




I think I have my questions answered. I just happened to read a comment by thicky over at huffpo:

Welcome to a life of fear in a totalitarian police state comrade!

Like in the old USSR and their satellite stooge states, any country that has more than a dozen secret intelligence organizations

and

nearly 2 dozen Federal police agencies

and

hundreds of state and local police

and

more prisoners per capita than any other country in the world

is in effect a police state.

In a soviet-style police state, any citizen, even if they have the best of intentions, who gets involved in any way with a police matter is playing with fire. They are increasing the likelihood that they too will be targeted and chewed up by the police/court/prison industry.

Once fear of the government eclipses normal human compassion, civilized behaviour vanishes, and the decaying society is eventually destroyed by its police-state mentality.



It saddens me to say that I think you may be right thicky.

Good Goddess Above Please Help Us All

No comments: