Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20

Oh For God's Sake. Give it a rest.

Read Cindy McCain and bloggers right to left take on Michelle Obama's late-breaking pride in America And this is the kind of bullshit that makes me unproud of my country, thank you very much.
Michelle Obama said this and it made the morons go crazy:

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."
Possible interpretations:
1) Perhaps the punditry didn't take what she said in context. That's no surprise.

2) Perhaps she meant that before now, she was only just proud, but not really proud.

3) Or maybe she's proud to see that Americans are waking up for a fucking change.

4) She wasn't an adult during the glorious Reagan years. How long has her adult life been anyway? 20 years? So that covers Bush I, Clinton and Bush II. Conservatives would agree that the 8 years under Clinton sucked. Literally. Bush I was pretty pathetic for conservatives. He cut and run, didn't he? And how can anyone expect a Democrat to be happy about the Bushista years? The conservatives aren't happy with him either. So what's the problem? She'd make a legitimate point even if she meant that she wasn't proud at all, but I don't think she meant that.

5) Or maybe it's because she's black for god's sake and it's not like most black people are on the receiving end of liberty and justice for all. For the first time, there is hope collectively.

6) Oh the rich white male punditry is showing themselves for the racist pigs they are. Big fat pigs whose only interest is other big fat pigs who are always proud unless a Democrat gets a blow job. Shame shame.

No comments: