Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27

Glad I'm Not A Kennedy

Homage to Benazir Bhutto and all the brave people who put Country and Democracy before their own life!



Glad I'm Not A Kennedy
Shona Laing

Living on through politics

Body-guarded, heart in bits

A blue-eyed honesty

Indigo injury

The family tree is felled

Bereavement worn so well 

Giving up on certainty 

Wilderness society 



Wearing the fame like a loaded gun

Tied up with a rosary

I’m glad I’m not a Kennedy



Imagine being a Kennedy

Rule without remedy

To watch your family die 

The world loves a sacrifice

Prophets longing for the three

Honouring the tragedy

They hunger for the crime

The privilege to take a life 



Wearing the fame like a loaded gun

Tied up with a rosary 

Ooh, I’m glad I’m not a Kennedy



I love the look in your eyes

I can see your soul sometimes and we laugh

When we try too hard we stop and start

Oh imagine being a Kennedy

I’m glad I’m not a Kennedy



Wearing the fame like a loaded gun 

Tied up with a rosary

I’m glad I’m not a Kennedy


Imagine being a Kennedy

Ooh I’m glad I’m not a Kennedy


"...the cost of freedom is always high,
Yet one path we shall never choose
- that is the path of surrender or submission.
When a man's way please the lord,
The scriptures tell us,
‘He maketh even his enemies
To be at peace with him'.
We will not prematurely or unnecessarily
Risk the course of worldwide nuclear war
In which even the fruits of victory
Would be ashes in our mouths
Ashes in our mouths...
Ashes in our mouths...
Ashes in our mouths... "

No comments: