Search This Blog

Monday, September 24

A slice of heaven for Mike Huckabee

Mike Huckabee appealed to a truly American "bibles, guns and flags" crowd at the NRA. It brought a tear to my eye:
"watching ducks land on a lake in Arkansas in the winter is about the closest to Heaven as you can find on this earth... and as someone who believes, according to my faith, I will go to Heaven when I die, I am pretty sure that there is duck hunting in Heaven!"
OMG Yes! He hooked me when I visualized a beautiful lake in the wilderness, just before sunset in the winter ...the lovely colors of the sky behind the magnificent branches of the trees and reflecting in the water. Oh and the little duckies getting ready for sleep- a few quacks in the distance- as they say g'night to each other... a most wondrous display of god's creation for me to behold... and then the best part- the sound of gun fire, wild quacking, wings flapping frantically- quack quack quack- bang! The sky darkens as hundreds of ducks take to the sky like fighter jets... oh god yes!! yes! yes! See also http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/ But I digress.

More here on this great American.

No comments: