Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29

Cindy Sheehan Quit The Anti-War Movement

"Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

"It’s up to you now."

Read her diary entry, "Good Riddance Attention Whore"

If you turn on the news at night, what are they talking about?
Rosie vs Elizabeth (making Rosie out to be the kook even though anyone who actually watches the View can tell you that Elizabeth is the biggest pain in the ass on television), Linsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, American Idol and reporting from the WH like stenographers, not journalists. I can only stay tuned to half of "Countdown" on MSNBC because the second half is all celebrity news as if it makes one bit of difference to the future of our country. If I want celebrity news, then I would watch E!

If you talk to so called "pro-war" people, they don't even know what's going on in Iraq, but they know that "Iran is a huge threat to Israel" so we better do something about that. They don't know any details. They don't want to pollute their minds with stinking details.

I keep hearing that war is good for the economy. No one can prove it unless they have grown wealthy investing in war machines. As far as they know, Cindy Sheehan was a thorn in the side to the commander in chief. Even lefties shunned her. People are afraid to be unpatriotic as if patriotism is some sort of virtue when your country is acting like a murderous bully. Patriots in history stood up to the machine.

Cindy was my hero. I went to see her speak on several occassions. She spoke the truth about the war machine, but most people probably thought that she was a conspiracy theorist and turned her off. I wish I knew what more I could have done to help her cause. I wrote letters constantly and I showed up where I was supposed to show up. America is asleep at the wheel.

No comments: