You know the drill: You're stranded on a desert island and probably won't be rescued for twenty years. What ten albums (if I can use that quaint obsolete term) would you want with you?
Here are my choices, in no particular order. I can say that I love, love, love each and every song on these albums, and could listen to all of them time and again without getting bored or sick of them.
1. Janis Joplin -- Pearl
2. Derek and The Dominos -- Layla and Assorted Other Love Song
3. Pink Floyd -- Dark Side of the Moon
4. Allman Brothers -- Eat a Peach (with apologies to Live at the Fillmore East)
5. Rolling Stones -- Beggar's Banquet
6. Ricki Lee Jones -- The Pirate
7. The Roches -- Eponymous Debut Album
8. The Eagles -- Desperado
9. Beatles -- Rubber Soul
10. The Band -- The Last Waltz
As with all these lists, compromises have to be made, and one of my choices is a bit of a cheat (the last one because it contains numerous other artists besides The Band). But if I had to limit myself to these ten, I would be satisfied.