Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15

Music I Couldn't Live Without

You know the drill: You're stranded on a desert island and probably won't be rescued for twenty years. What ten albums (if I can use that quaint obsolete term) would you want with you?

Here are my choices, in no particular order. I can say that I love, love, love each and every song on these albums, and could listen to all of them time and again without getting bored or sick of them.

1. Janis Joplin -- Pearl

2. Derek and The Dominos -- Layla and Assorted Other Love Song

3. Pink Floyd -- Dark Side of the Moon

4. Allman Brothers -- Eat a Peach (with apologies to Live at the Fillmore East)

5. Rolling Stones -- Beggar's Banquet

6. Ricki Lee Jones -- The Pirate

7. The Roches -- Eponymous Debut Album

8. The Eagles -- Desperado

9. Beatles -- Rubber Soul

10. The Band -- The Last Waltz

As with all these lists, compromises have to be made, and one of my choices is a bit of a cheat (the last one because it contains numerous other artists besides The Band). But if I had to limit myself to these ten, I would be satisfied.

No comments: