Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28

WTF!!

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - David Huckabee, a son of GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, was arrested at an Arkansas airport yesterday after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage.

Huckabee, 26, later pleaded guilty in Little Rock District Court after being charged with a misdemeanor count of possessing a weapon in a prohibited place.

The dolt brought a loaded gun (a Glock is a gun, right?) through his carry on luggage and all he got was a misdemeanor charge? What about Guantanamo?

Jesus Christ, I'd throw the book at this guy if I were a prosecutor. He'd be on his way to Guantanamo. In every airport I've been at, including the dinky ones (which are usually the hardest to get through), it is more than evident what is allowed and isn't allowed in your carry on luggage. Perhaps, he didn't equate that having a loaded gun is as just as dangerous as a 4 oz. bottle of Lubriderm. If that is the case, then perhaps he ought to be committed to an adult home for the freaking stupid.

Speakin of airports (my favorite subject since 9/11): In NYC airports, you are greeted by National Guardsmen in camouflage wielding M16's at the gates (flirting with the TSA gals who seem annoyed that you dare to interrupt them) and god forbid you spend more than 30 seconds dropping off or picking up your loved ones- they've got the freaking bomb squad all over you and the TSA traffic guys who only know a few words of English crying, "Put your hands on the car! Don't move!" while a tow truck speeds in to haul your car away while you are begging for mercy. (I am not exaggerating)

The Department of Homeland Security rifled through my checked luggage on Monday at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport. When I opened my bags back in NY, the Department of Homeland Security had left their stickers on my hot sauce bottles purchased in Fort Worth. Imagine my surprise. (My surprise that my luggage was actually at the baggage pickup in NYC.) My things were all messed up in the luggage and containers I had carefully packed to avoid leakage, were spilled all over the inside of my bags. Perhaps some of the chemicals they let leak could have combined and made an explosive while it was on the plane, the idiot asses. I packed my stuff in clear plastic bags so that if it was searched it would be evident that I was a jeweler and like my food spicy, not a bomb maker. All liquid containers were clearly labeled and in their original packaging. Thanks for leaking them you idiots. In NY, they didn't give a shit what was in my checked bags, only the carry-on. Typical. All bark. No bite.

...and speaking of how absurd it all is,
Box of Condoms Leads to Evacuation
ANKENY, Iowa - Several classrooms at Des Moines Area Community College were evacuated after college officials became nervous about a suspicious package.

College officials called police and postal inspectors after the box was delivered Thursday. What they found inside wasn't a bomb _ it was a box containing 500 condoms.

The package was sent to a teacher of a human sexuality class, and was sent by a person who had been a previous speaker at the class, said Rob Denson, the college's president.

No comments: