Search This Blog

Monday, August 21

The Carlyle Group

Our 401k has been sitting in a money market account for 5 years now, earning squat (.05% interest) because we have been too paranoid to put it back in the 'markets'. (we "lost" 1/2 of it's value a while back -- anyone remember that?). Well, I guess it's time to DO SOMETHING. At this rate, we will never get ahead, nevermind recouping what we lost.

I'm looking for a group of investment professionals I can trust -- since this is an important transaction, I need to feel very confident about investing this (small) amount of money -- it's ALL we have. We're only 15 years away from retiring and still have to put 3 through college. I know we're probably up shits creek without a paddle already, but I still have to take a chance and 'invest' -- right?

SO, what do you think of this group? Have you ever heard of them? Their mission is:

"To be the premier global private equity firm, leveraging the insight of Carlyle's team of investment professionals to generate extraordinary returns across a range of investment choices, while maintaining our good name and the good name of our investors."


(Doesn't that last line make you feel good -- like you're in church or something....it sounds familiar) Anyway, I think I will
check them out!

BTW, does anyone know if they are related to this Carlyle Group? Just wondering.

AND what about this "shocking" story about the Carlyle Group?

WTF?!?!? Is EVERYTHING a CONSPIRACY THEORY?

HOLY SHIT This is getting more ridiculous by the second!!

Thank our goddess above for google! I think I can stop the inquiry now. I just wish I put the 401 in a qualified gold fund like I wanted to 5 years ago. But no.... I couldn't find an 'investment advisor' who would do it for me. Most of them scared me away from doing it because "gold is tricky to invest in--wouldn't recommend it for the little guy" "you'll always make out in the markets, if you're patient" blah blah blah...

I don't know about you folks, but I am getting more and more pissed off about EVERYTHING. I've felt something brewing inside of me the past few days -- you know that feeling when you're about to lose it? I'm trying to keep calm. I have noticed myself starting to rock, on occassion, back and forth, back and forth. Is that good or bad?

No comments: