Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 16

What More Can I Add To This

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- A 14-year-old Ohio girl has been jailed nearly a week after failing to testify against a man accused of molesting her.

Court records show the girl has requested a lawyer. But jail officials say she isn't permitted contact with anyone unless prosecutors approve.

Prosecutors say the teen is a material witness and they want her jailed for her safety. A judge has ordered that she be held indefinitely.

The girl failed to show earlier this month at the trial of a 20-year-old man, who's accused of having unlawful sexual conduct with her. He is free on bond.

The man's attorneys say the girl denied that sexual contact occurred, and would not write a statement for police. Defense lawyers say the state has "effectively kidnapped" the girl. They're asking that the case be dropped.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press.

This was on the front page of CNN just a few moments ago. What can I say? I don't know the details, but if this were my daughter I'd want her home where 'I' could 'protect' her, not placing her in prison, you know, where the confirmed CRIMINALS are.

No comments: