Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23

Your government at work

Mr Pretzeldent took a bike ride in the redwood forest to honor Earth Day. He says, "I still ride the mountain bike primarily to help settle the soul and to burn off the excess energy one gets when you're living life to its fullest." The excerpts from this article give you an idea of how those around bubble boy live life to the fullest as well.

"Bush recovered from a near spill on a fast downhill, but four riders behind him went down in a Tour de France-style pileup, leaving them caked with dirt.

Bush settled into a steady rhythm on the way back up _ an ascent he said pushed him to near his physical limits. His heart rate monitor-wristwatch reported he achieved a maximum heart rate of 176 beats per minute _ just off his maximum, 183."

...

"The president set the pace throughout the ride, with four Air Force men, a White House legislative aide and Secret Service agents tightly bunched behind him.

...

"A long convoy of SUVs and off-road vehicles rumbled behind the group, carrying medics and security agents with machine guns."

...

"Generally when I ride it is the one time when I feel alone, even though I know people are behind me," he said. "I ask people a lot of times not to be in my line of vision because all I can see straight ahead is, you know, space."

Often, he said, when he is riding with his usual group near Washington he plugs headphones into his ears and cranks up his iPod, "and it's like I'm alone."

No comments: