Search This Blog

Friday, April 21

You Don't Know Me

If you don't have the soundtrack to Brokeback Mountain or Willie Nelson's, You Don't Know Me, the songs of Cindy Walker, I pity you. I've spent the last week listening to nothing but music and fondling my favorite books. I have nothing to offer right now. My cup is empty.


From one of my favorite books: The Velveteen Rabbit

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept."

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand." ------Margery Williams


You Don't Know Me by "the dean," Cindy Walker and Eddy Arnold is as good as it gets. I'll miss you, Miss Cindy, RIP.

You don't know me....

You give your hand to me and then you say hello
And I can hardy speak my heart is beating so
And anyone can tell you think you know me well
But you don't know me

You don't know me

For I never knew the art of making love
Though my heart ached with love for you
Afraid and shy I let my chance go by
The chance you might have loved me too

You give your hand to me and then you say, "Good-bye,"
I watch you walk away beside the lucky guy
To never, never know the one that loves you so
No, you don't know me

(And no, I'm not drunk) I'll see you guys on the Dark side of the moon.

No comments: