Search This Blog

Saturday, April 15

I Guess We ARE The Angry Left


I really never thought of myself as angry, and liberals usually aren't perceived as angry, but now that I think about it, I'm perpetually pissed off, but that is not to say that I don't enjoy simple things in life, my friends, family and of course my garden, my art and my music. Yes, my cat too. When it comes to even thinking about the state of the country, the mentally ill piece of shit in the White House, the right wing religious bigots and the murdering military industrial complex, I want to scream. You know that I also believe there is a special place in hell for the Catholic Church.

If I didn't hear your screaming too, I wouldn't be here.

Maryscott O'Connor of My Left Wing was the highlight of this morning's WaPo on the front page. It starts with

WAPO- SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. -- In the angry life of Maryscott O'Connor, the rage begins as soon as she opens her eyes and realizes that her president is still George W. Bush. The sun has yet to rise and her family is asleep, but no matter; as soon as the realization kicks in, O'Connor, 37, is out of bed and heading toward her computer.
The article goes on to say that she is angriest of all... maybe, maybe not. I'm a bit older and I've been avidly pissed off since the late 60's. But she and I have similar lives and I'm sure many of you do too. We do the family thing (and the job thing) and then we read the news and find a place to blow off steam... usually online and it's better than bars. She is more popular than most of us other lefty bloggers but she is just great and speaks for many of us, so more power to her. She doesn't lose her cool when she appears on Fox News. I think I would do nothing but spit if I had to talk to John Gibson.

Read her post today about the experience of being interviewed by a WaPo writer. It's quite amusing and interesting that he practically lived with her for a few days. The writer also felt it was somewhat important to point out that she smoked while blogging (how shocking) and once had a problem with alcohol. feh. What the hell does that have to do with anything? It also sucks that they selected a rather unattractive picture of her for the paper, when in reality she is very attractive. But then again, an attractive woman with brains and passion is inconceivable to the corporate media and threatening to some men.

No comments: