Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21

Call Those Wussies on the Phone This Weekend

Unless you want to live in a dictatorship, don't say anything to the wimpy Dems who won't fillibuster Alito's nomination. If you don't believe in our forefathers dream of checks and balances, then don't bother doing anything. Just sit there and don't come crying to me when you wake up and realize that the GOP hates you even more than you thought.

BUT perhaps if they heard from the thousands of you who read this blog, and are opposed to a fascist dictactorship, they might grow some balls. They need to be reminded that they should represent the people. Don't forget Biden and Feinstein. Here is the list of US Senators and their contact info. C'mon it will take a few minutes. I'm doing it right now.

"Your enemy is not surrounding your country. Your enemy is ruling your
country." -- George W. Bush, Jan. 28, 2003

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree
with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck
of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."-- George W. Bush 12/18/2000

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." --George W. Bush (Governing Magazine 7/98)

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." --George W. Bush, 11/2000

"Polls? You know, if a President tries to govern based upon polls, you're kind of like a dog chasing your tail. I don't think you can make good, sound decisions based upon polls. And I don't think the American people want a President who relies upon polls and focus groups to make decisions for the American people." --George W. Bush, 4/28/2005

It's not a dictatorship in Washington, but I tried to make it one in that instance.
-- George W. Bush, 1/15/2004 (faith based initiatives)

I was disappointed that the Congress did not respond to the $3.5 billion we asked for. They not only reduced the budget that we asked for, they earmarked a lot of the money. That's a disappointment, a disappointment when the executive branch gets micromanaged by the legislative branch.--George W. Bush, 2/24/2003

You said we're headed to war in Iraq -- I don't know why you say that. I hope we're not headed to war in Iraq. I'm the person who gets to decide, not you.--George W. Bush, 12/31/2002

I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the president. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation.--George W. Bush, 11/19/2002 ("Bush at War" by Bob Woodward)

No comments: