Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8

O'Lielly at it again...

This man needs a reality check. He lives on Long Island. His mother lives a block from me. We are absolutely inundated with Christmas here on Long Island and yet we are very ethnically diverse. Retail stores seem to rely on Christmas shoppers too. What the hell is the problem? That Christmas isn't following us into the bathroom? Gosh, NYC is awash in Christmas. Large stores spend millions decorating their windows for the season. Where does he come up with this stuff?

Apparently he believes that groups exist solely to ensure that no one celebrates christmas if you listen to the O'Lielly Factor radio show. It happens to be a federal holiday and many people have the day off to do what they wish to do. I don't want anything to do with Columbus, but I cheerfully enjoy the day off and the long weekend in October. Who are these grinches that want to steal christmas then? And do they really exist or are they a figment of his imagination? And if there are a couple of people who hate christmas and want it eradicated, I highly doubt that they could get away with it... especially with O'Lielly on the case.

On his radio show on Dec 2 he said (mediamatters.org):
I am not going to let oppressive, totalitarian, anti-Christian forces in this country diminish and denigrate the holiday and the celebration. I am not going to let it happen. I'm gonna use all the power that I have on radio and television to bring horror into the world of people who are trying to do that. And we have succeeded. You know we've succeeded. They are on the run in corporations, in the media, everywhere. They are on the run, because I will put their face and their name on television, and I will talk about them on the radio if they do it.

Oh my. He hates Jews! He's using code words. "anti-christian" "corporations" "media". He usually uses the obvious code word for Jews, "liberals" but not on this day... but it's ok, he's not fooling anyone.

He later added: "There is no reason on this earth that all of us can not celebrate a public holiday devoted to generosity, peace, and love together," cautioning that "anyone who tries to stop us from doing it is gonna face me."

He wants "all of us" to celebrate peace and love together or he'll horrify those who try to stop it? Is he nuts? Why yes. We are at war. I believe O'Lielly referred to it as WWIII recently. How can anyone celebrate peace and love when we are killing and being killed simultaneously? He needs a falafel rub. Badly.

From the December 2 broadcast of Westwood One's The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly:

"You know, I have a memory of me sitting on my stairs in my Levittown house, four rooms, and looking at this Christmas tree about 5:30 in the morning, my parents were still asleep, my sister was still asleep. And I just stood -- I just sat on the stairs and stared at that Christmas tree with all the gifts underneath...

... And I submit to you that 80 percent of Americans feel the way that I do. All right? That they just remember as a child the joy the season brought.


First of all he didn't live in Levittown. He lived in a house built by Levitt. He grew up on the block exactly behind mine. You can see the house from here now that the leaves are off the trees. This isn't Levittown. I know where I live. Maybe he fell on his head when he slipped on a loofa.

I highly doubt that 80% of the populace has happy memories of Christmas. Maybe they enjoyed the presents if they got any, but the season positively sucks for many Americans who realize just how lousy their lives are after watching all the happy television shows that are exactly the opposite of real life, or those who cannot afford to shop until they drop, or those who are sick, or insane or in Iraq or their loved one is in Iraq or dead or whatever.

Someone's gotta stop this guy. See the link above for information about how to complain about his hatefulness.

Merry Holidays!

No comments: