THE BUZZ: Gimme five
The Kansas City Star
The “Blogometer” compiled by The Hotline political newsletter summarizes a handful of theories that have surfaced in the Bob Novak-Karl Rove-Valerie Plame-Judith Miller-etc. affair:
1) Rove could face espionage charges rather than mere indictment under intelligence protection statutes.
2) Former Ambassador Joe Wilson may have leaked wife Plame’s role in his Niger trip to friends in the press.
3) The New York Times’ Miller may have leaked the Wilson/Plame gossip to the White House. (This just in)
4) Or, The Times may be protecting another source, one unsympathetic to the White House.
5) Former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer may have leaked Plame’s name.
(fox and fiend's Steve Doocy this morning said that it was Ari Fleischer. Ari quit his job right around the time of the Plame leak, or so people are saying.)
Friday, July 15
What Is The Latest Buzz Anyway?
And all this disinformation looks like the work of one Karl 'Turdblossom' Rove.