Search This Blog

Monday, July 18

Telling Transcript

There’s a great, up to now, account of Leakgate in the LA Times this morning.

The following is from page 2 and 3 of this article. It’s also the last bit of the article.

"And Fleischer also seemed attuned to a strategy of discrediting Wilson. Two days before Novak revealed Plame's identity, Fleischer questioned the former envoy's findings in remarks to reporters during a trip with Bush in Africa.

"The transcript of that press gaggle (the term for an informal question-and-answer between reporters and the White House spokesman), which took place in the National Hospital in Abuja, Nigeria, has been requested by the prosecutors".

Well, here it is: WhiteHouseNewsReleases

There must be something about this that my blonde head doesn’t understand because I Googled “Ari press National Hospital in Abuja, Nigeria” and found the site in a second. Maybe government transcripts on line don’t carry the weight that official pieces of paper carry. I’m trying to learn and figure this stuff out. I’m trying.

Anyway, here’s the transcript if anyone wants to read it. It’s pretty interesting in light of what’s going on today. If I were you, I would read the whole article in the LA Times before reading the transcript. It works better that way, at least it did for me.

No comments: