Search This Blog

Friday, December 17

I finally finished the Da Vinci Code

It was a page turner for sure. I thought it was going to be boring but it wasn't. It had a couple of stories going on at the same time but it was very good. It featured those quacks, Opus Dei, the fine Catholic fringe group who practice The Way and self torture. yum. My favorite professor at the Seminary warned us of "The Way". I didn't know what the hell he was talking about then. They are the bad guys in the book. The Vatican isn't exactly good either, but they aren't bad. Just a big cover up organization, but not necessarily evil. And let's see, Jesus was married and had kids and there is a royal bloodline. Holy Grail. No Monty Python. There was nothing about God and nothing about everlasting life. I didn't want to spoil the plot. You should read it if you haven't.

No comments: