Search This Blog

Monday, August 30

Another one bites the dust

I've always had a hard time trying to figure out why there would be such a thing as a Log Cabin Republican. Actually it took this blonde a lot of googling to find out what it meant. Why not be a moderate Democrat if you're gay? Maybe they enjoy pollution? They enjoy despicable foreign policy? They enjoy fiscal irresponsibility? They like faux cowboys? They are all tremendously wealthy? well I don't know... anyway I just love it when another republican congressman is forced out of the closet especially, most especially, yes especially especially when they have a high christian coalition rating of 92% and co-sponsor the federal marriage amendment. Well maybe I don't love it. I love the idea of it, but I feel bad for the person.

My blondesense tells me that the reason that many conservatives are uptight, rather mean and judgmental is this: They have so much to hide. They are fearful of being themselves in public. Someone told them that they are not worthy of love and respect unless they conform to certain specifications. It must be painful as hell to not be able to love yourself because you're a conservative republican and your ideals are impossibly high.

Conservatives have to pretend that they are better than everyone else. It's impossible to pull it off 24/7. People who elect to pretend that they are better than everyone else usually have the most to hide. It's really quite sad. They deserve our prayers. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: