Search This Blog

Monday, March 29

Flip-Flop God


God is at it again. He's flip-flopping. He tells one person one thing and another person another thing. No wonder the Bible is so full of contradictions. God himself can't seem to get things straight. We all know that God was behind the tragic events of September 11, 2001. The Moslem terrorists said so. But the POTUS claimed the contrary because we are God's own people- God Bless America! The saying doesn't infer that God blesses anyone else so this must be true. Lest we forget however, God only blesses republicans - the GOP, God's Own Party.

Last June, the word on the street, well actually it was reported in Haaretz that Bush indicated that he was chosen by God specifically:
"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."


In January of this year, Pat Robertson told Faux news told us:
"I think George Bush is going to win in a walk," Robertson said on his "700 Club" program on the Virginia Beach-based  Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded. "I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way."


It's starting to get on my nerves that God is so involved in politics. Didn't God read our constitution? He's not supposed to do that nor are our politicians supposed to be listening to him! This is a democracy and the leaders are supposed to follow the will of the people, not God, thank you very much.

Wait! This just in:
"The new Hamas leader in Gaza on Sunday called President Bush an enemy of Islam and said that "God declared war" against the United States and Israel -- but stopped short of saying the group would strike U.S. targets."


Does this mean God changed sides again? Which side is he on? And did God forget about his very own commandment, Thou shalt not kill?

Maybe I only read the good stuff in the Bible. Ok I admit it, I only read the stuff about the kind, loving, forgiving God. I kind of skipped over the vengeful angry God who was jealous and commanded constant praise and flattery. It seemed like the Bible was describing a Dr Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde God. Being the 'pick and choose' or 'cafeteria catholic' I was at the time, I chose the nice, loving God. What the heck, in a democracy I think I am entitled to pick which entity of God is my favorite.

Speaking of flip flops. Bush loves to go after John Kerry accusing him of flip flops. Of course we know that no one flips like George Bush and he really ought to think about how much God has been flip flopping lately. I'm not listening to God until he makes up his mind and tells everyone the same thing and sticks with it.

Amen

No comments: