Search This Blog

Monday, March 15

..::Creationism vs Evolutionism::..


It seems that only in the USA, do we have to deal with this as an actual controversy. Damn that carbon dating! To hell with the Hubble Telescope.

Apparently this is all we have to know:
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."


I can't even take this country seriously anymore. The religious right is taking over. There are schools where they don't even teach evolution.

The latest is that the Grand Canyon was formed by Noah's flood and they are even selling a book about it at the Grand Canyon Gift Shop. From The Guardian

"For years, as a Colorado river guide, I told people how the Grand Canyon was formed over the evolu tionary timescale of millions of years. Then I met the Lord. Now I have a different view of the canyon, which according to a biblical timescale can't possibly be more than a few thousand years old."


Translation: "Then I met the Lord and he gave me a Rush Limbaughtomy."