Search This Blog

Sunday, February 29

Billionaires are Back!

Yay! 2003 was a great year for Billionaires. I feel so much better now. Whew!

I found this little tidbit in the Houston Chronicle

My favorite person who brought you the 'so so' operating system for PC, Bill Gates, is still perched on top of the list. I have to give Bill Gates 2 things: 1. He is a master marketer. He has most of world believing that Windows OS is the way to go, even though it clearly is not. But the prices are low and low price rather than quality speaks to people. Hear that Steve Jobs? 2. Bill Gates is a philanthropist. You gotta give him that too. But I digress.

What is pissing me off (something is always pissing me off) about the Billionaire thing?

This part:
"In the United States, billionaires gained not only from a 20 percent rise in stocks, but also from reductions in taxes on dividends and capital gains, according to Mark Zandi, chief economist at Economy.com."

Isn't that special? I am so very happy that Bush&Co took good care to see that the Billionaires didn't take a hit during the shitty economy.

It still baffles the heck out of me why regular hard working tax paying people would want to be republican. Anyway, I did pretty darn well in the stock market last year too, I must say. Most people did not though. Most people don't even do the stock market. They are lucky if they have enough money to get from month to month and they live paycheck to paycheck. I'm going with the lefties for now.

Talk about morality. What's more moral? To steal from the poor and give to the rich? Or Vice versa? Really now.

No comments: